When you contact Eco Three for an energy audit, we will gather some initial information, request your utility bills for the past year (if you have them), and schedule a convenient time for your home evaluation. When our expert evaluator arrives, s/he will conduct a brief survey with some basic questions regarding specific areas of concern and conduct an in-depth evaluation.
What Our Energy Audit is:
Our home energy audit includes an evaluation of your home's envelope (thermal and pressure boundaries), insulation levels, duct system(s), attic and/or basement/crawlspace performed by accredited professionals using state-of-the-art equipment and diagnostic tools.
Why It Is Different from “Free” Audits Offered by Some Companies:
Our comprehensive evaluation lasts 2-3 hours and results in a comprehensive Home Energy Efficiency & Comfort Discovery Report with specific ways we can help increase the efficiency of your house.
We Also Specialize in the Energy Efficient Upgrades:
We have our own crew of weatherization specialists who can implement recommended energy efficient upgrades. This saves you the hassle of finding reputable workers, and we also perform a test-out on homes we upgrade to confirm we have improved the energy efficiency.
Our Energy Audits Include:
- Comfort and concerns consultation.
- Exterior, Interior, and HVAC Systems Inspection.
- State-of-the-art energy audit using sophisticated tools for measuring temperature fluctuation and energy usage.
- Safety evaluation including testing of CO levels throughout and around the exterior of the home, monitoring for gas leaks, etc.
- Series of tests including a blower door test, which puts your home under negative pressure; this is essentially the equivalent of observing your home under a 15-20 mile/hour wind.
- Information on federal tax rebates and energy incentives on appliances and for approved retrofits.
- Home Energy Efficiency & Comfort Discovery Report.
What the Home Energy Evaluation Involves:
- Interviewing you to get a better understanding of your areas of concern.
- Completion of an external walk around to inspect the gas meter for leaks, HVAC systems, foundation, roof, roof vents, windows, siding and storm water drainage.
- Collection of interior data on lighting, appliances, safety issues (fire extinguishers, fire/CO alarms, mold, asbestos, VOC pollutants, etc), indoor gas leaks, general construction information, crawl space, basement and bathroom ventilation.
- Inspection of the home and ductwork for mold and mildew, exposed wiring, gas appliance ventilation, insulation type/amount, and ductwork system leaks.
- Examination of the combustible appliances (water heater, range/oven and heating system), making sure the systems are in good working order and venting properly.
- Running a blower door test to expose leaks around windows, entry doors, baseboards, top plates, bottom plates, band joists, and other penetrations, etc.
- Deciphering areas of infiltration and exfiltration with infrared cameras.
- Creating a personalized E3 Home Energy and Comfort Recommendation Report.
- Discussing your options with you and helping to determine next best steps based on your return on investment.