Alabama Energy Audit
What Is An Energy Audit?
An energy audit is the evaluation of one’s home to determine how much energy is being used and how that energy can be better conserved.
What Is The Purpose Of An Energy Audit?
Energy audits are intended to identify the weak spots in the structure and functionality of your home with regard to energy output. Our home evaluations are vastly beneficial for homeowners who are tired of paying high utility bills, as well as those who are experiencing issues with temperature regulation. If you are an Alabama resident who is interested in making your home more energy efficient, contact Eco Three using the form below!
What Occurs During Eco Three’s Home Energy Evaluation?
Prior to the evaluation, our team will gather some initial information about your home and request your utility bills spanning the past year. This gives us a baseline for your homes energy flow. We will then schedule a time for our energy expert to conduct the evaluation. Upon arrival, he/she will go over some basic questions to gain a greater understanding of your areas of concern.
Our home energy audit includes an evaluation of your home’s envelope (thermal and pressure boundaries), insulation levels, duct system, attic, and basement or crawl space. More specifically, this involves:
- An inspection of exterior, interior, and HVAC systems.
- A safety evaluation which includes testing of CO levels throughout and around the exterior of the home, checking for mold and mildew, exposed wiring, and leaks.
- An examination of the home’s combustible appliances (water heater, range/oven, and heating system) to ensure they are in good working order and properly ventilated.
- A series of tests including a blower door and duct pressure test to expose leaks around windows, baseboards and entryways.
- Deciphering areas of infiltration and exfiltration with infrared cameras.
- Sharing information about federal tax rebates and energy incentives for appliances and approved retrofits.
- A Home Energy Efficient & Comfort Discovery Report.
How Does Our Audit Compare to “Free” Audits Offered By Other Companies?
Eco Three energy audits are performed by a team of accredited professionals utilizing state-of-the-art equipment and diagnostic tools. Our evaluations are comprehensive, lasting an average of 2-3 hours. Each audit results in a Home Energy Efficiency & Comfort Discovery Report that details ways in which we can help increase the efficiency of your home.
Energy Efficiency Upgrades
Once you have reviewed the report of ways to better conserve energy in your home, there is only one thing left to do - upgrade! Eco Three has our very own crew of Weatherization Specialists to implement the recommended changes. We have upgraded hundreds of homes across Alabama, specifically in the Birmingham and Gulf Coast regions. Not only that, but we also perform test-outs on these homes to ensure residents are seeing improved energy efficiency.